Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Mixed Media Whimsy





Wanted to drop in today to share a few of the characters I created over this last weekend. I was so happy I was able to attend Bev'n'Nat's Scrapbooking From Scratch Retreat at Summerland Point, since I really didn't think we would be home for this one. Life has a funny way of working out sometimes, doesn't it. It felt like coming home. I was able to catch up with and spend some time with some of my bestest creative buddies ever and we all had an absolute blast. No, I didn't scrap one photo. But I did do a lot of painting. I discovered new product and colours I love, and completely immersed myself in the creative flow of the weekend, and I've come away with a whole new vitality. These women are truly inspirational - from the projects they create to the unconditional love and support they offer one another freely - I always come away with a new vision and zest for life. Women taking care of women. My heart is full.


So on with the goodies. That's why we're here right!


The first painting (pictured above) was inspired by our Saturday night antics. Let's call her Angel B. I won't go into much more than that suffice to say I was inspired. The golden rule applies here - "What happens at retreat, stays at retreat". Something to ponder ;)






Lots of other little personalities showed up over the course of the retreat including this little curiosity. I love the simplicity of this painting and almost wish I had left it at this stage but I went ahead and added more detail. I am thinking of recreating this style in future projects. I love the innocence. 





More detail and added colour - thanks to Tim Holtz and some new groovy stencils - this was such a fun piece to work on. 






I've discovered the magic of a black background to work on when I purchased one of the new black Dylusions journals. Black really does bring out the vibrancy and magic of colour. Loving it lots. 


That's all I have to share for today. Have a good one and I hope you are inspired in some way xx




Photobucket 

3 comments:

  1. these look amazing! I love your creativity and originality!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Love what you are creating. :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave a message for me xx